Lisa's Reviews > The Stolen Marriage

The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain

32081931

bookshelves: historical-fiction

Well Diane Chamberlain Is now my favourite author in this genre , this is an absolute gem & was a joy to read I am putting this in Historical Fiction as it was set in Baltimore Maryland 1944. I just could not stop reading it page by page the prose got stronger & stronger, I love Miss Chamberlain's writing style she gets the reader right in & I actually thought I was in Maryland with all the characters. This is a story of Forbidden love, Tess Demille's Strengths & weaknesses, as she fights for her lost son Andrew & a marriage to Henry that was a farse as well as fighting his Mother Ruth who was an absolute witch But she had her reasons, suffering throughout the prose.

I absolutely loved Tess she was so confident & strong her work as a nurse at the hospital working with children with Polio was uplifting & very inspirational, she had spunk & wouldn't back down to Ruth, meanwhile she had the support of her best friend Gina we read letters sent to Gina about Tess unhappy Marriage Henry disappearing during the lonely nights leaving Tess wondering what he was Doing. Tess had enough to worry about with Henrys Mother & Siblings against her she had the towns folk as well.

There was a lot of sadness in this book which pulled at my heart strings but a lot of happy moments as well This was my favourite novel by Diane Chamberlain to date & am beginning to like The Historical Fiction Genre it is so interesting as well as intriguing, although it also depends on the prose & if it appeals to me. 5+ another 5 stars was just outstanding.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stolen Marriage.

November 20, 2018 – Started Reading
November 20, 2018 – Shelved
November 20, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 30, 2018 –
page 105
December 2, 2018 –
page 215
57.18% "😍 this one feel like I am in 1944 love Tess😎💕"
December 4, 2018 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
December 4, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Great review Lisa

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fab review, Lisa! Glad you enjoyed this too. I love this author. 💖😘❌⭕

message 3: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Fabulous review Lisa! Sounds so good! Thank you for the recommendation!🤗💖

Julie Awesome review, Lisa!! I love this author so much! Glad you enjoyed this one!! 💖

message 5: by KAS (new)

KAS So glad you loved, Lisa ;) Diane Chamberlain is quite an extraordinary author. Fabulous review!! 💚❤️😘

Lisa Thanks Lee😊

Lisa Thanks Mary Beth just got so lost in the time frame😘💖❌⭕

Lisa No worries Kacey hope you love it💖

Lisa Thanks Julie this was so good is my favourite author💖

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Thanks Kat she is outstanding 😍 her work😘💚💙💚

message 11: by Meredith (new)

Meredith So glad to see the 5 stars, Lisa! Wonderful review!

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Meredith! I still have to read this book!!!

message 13: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Lovely review, Lisa 💖

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa leslie hamod wrote: "I also love this author! Terrific and thoughtful review!"

Thanks Leslie Love this author XO :)

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Meredith wrote: "So glad to see the 5 stars, Lisa! Wonderful review!"

Thanks Meredith loved this one wish I could rate higher it was brilliant XO <3 Hugs :)

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Meredith! I still have to read this book!!!"

Thanks Norma you will love every minute Norma Cannot wait for your thoughts XO :)

message 17: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Felicia wrote: "Lovely review, Lisa 💖"

Thanks Felicia XO :)

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Lee wrote: "Great review Lisa"

Thanks Lee XO :)

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary Wonderful review!!

message 20: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Mary wrote: "Wonderful review!!"

Thanks Mary XO :)