Wulfwyn 's Reviews > Candy Canes & Corpses

Candy Canes & Corpses by Abby L. Vandiver

did not like it

I purchased this as a box set. I received one story. There was a lot of mix up regarding it. I received word the best thing to do was to request a refund. I did. Amazon promptly refunded it. The following morning I received a message from the main author in the set. I was assured it was fixed and complete. Believing this person, and wanting to support some of my favorite authors, I once again purchased the box set. I once again only received one book. Surprise, surprise it was a book from the main author. It had nothing to do with Christmas and wasn’t, in my opinion, very good. It most certainly was not what I was promised. The author of the “boxset” had, by this time, informed me that another author who was to be in the set was lying to me. This author has not once, in the few years that I have read her books, ever lied to me. I was shocked and realized who was lying to me. This alleged box set has one story in it. I would be very careful in the future of box sets that have the main author in them. Personally I feel that Abby Vandiver lied to me. I am not likely to purchase anything from her again. I don’t appreciate feeling that I was lied to and being told that it was another, (innocent), author who lied. Not cool. I did not attempt to get my money back the second time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I hope it was worth the sixty cents the author received.
I did wait a few days before writing this review to give the author time to contact me. I was hoping for an apology, an explanation, a question of, “how can I make this right?” Anything. I got silence. Nothing was said to me even as the box set was quietly pulled from Amazon. I don’t want any response now.
Three of the authors who were, in my opinion, duped into this box set, have released their stories in an authorized boxed set called, Cozy Christmas Crimes. I would recommend buying the authorized box set.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Candy Canes & Corpses.

November 19, 2018 – Started Reading
November 20, 2018 – Shelved
November 26, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Parin I have posted proof on my FB page (a letter from Amazon) showing the organizer of this boxed did nothing wrong and did, in fact, upload the correct file for publication. This was a technical glitch and beyond our control. As one of the participating authors in this collection, which has since been unpublished, I can assure you Abby L Vandiver worked “tirelessly” to correct the problem.

You will find an Updated Version in your Amazon’s Contents and Devices page.

On her behalf, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience.

Wulfwyn Sonia wrote: "I have posted proof on my FB page (a letter from Amazon) showing the organizer of this boxed did nothing wrong and did, in fact, upload the correct file for publication. This was a technical glitch..."

I don’t have you on my Facebook so I did not see anything you may have posted. I was not blaming Abby for the primary issue. I was blaming her for what she stated to me and the fact that, at the time, what she stated had been done was a lie. She did not make any attempt to contact me after that. That again was her fault. It was not Amazon who contacted me and told me anything. As a matter of fact I have not heard from Amazon at all regarding this set or an available update though they normally contact me. Therefore I am not going to place blame for the original issue with either them or Abby. I had issue with what was told to me and when it did not happen..no further contact. I will go check on that update. Thank you for responding.