Paula Radell's Reviews > Do You Feel It Too?

Do You Feel It Too? by Nicola Rendell

bookshelves: very-favorite-authors

There's a lot to love about Do You Feel It Too?, the latest romantic comedy by favorite author Nicola Rendell. The premise is unique and fun, the setting is charming and mysterious, and the characters are perfectly paired to deliver a sweet, funny, quirky, sexy, surprising story that draws you in and captures your imagination from beginning to end.

Gabe is so charming, sweet and sexy he's almost too perfect. And when he goes full-alpha, he takes your breath away. (Warning: that happens a LOT). When he takes care of Lily's nephew for a night, you will laugh until you cry - and then your ovaries may explode, because is there anything more adorable and attractive than a guy bonding with a baby? I don't think so.

Lily is more of a girl-next-door type who rarely, if ever, ventures too far out of her comfort zone. As the story develops, her relationship with Gabe forces her to confront the fears and insecurities that have held her back for far too long; to take risks, and in doing so, to unleash the strong, sexy woman hidden within. It's a meaningful, beautiful, relatable journey.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention The General, an African Grey parrot Lily inherited from her grandmother. He is so cleverly written he steals the show in every scene that features him. His command of southern history and contemporary films is only surpassed by his timing and temperament. He is beyond delightful - he's unforgettable.

I'm not a big fan of "insta-love," but in a relatively short, fast-paced story such as this, it's pretty much a given. However, the characters were so well developed it wasn't entirely inconceivable. And the undercurrent of tension--"the ticking clock," counting down the days until Gabe's trip to Savannah would inevitably end -- left just enough doubt about their future to keep me turning pages and hoping for that happy-ever-after. The moment of truth was so beautifully written it brought me to tears...and that doesn't happen very often.

Altogether, Do You Feel It Too is a delightfully charming, sexy, funny story that delivers on every level. It's escapism at its best, with humor, heat, and lots of heart. Don't miss it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do You Feel It Too?.

November 4, 2018 – Started Reading