Shile 's Reviews > Claustrophilia

Claustrophilia by Ezra Blake

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and Kennedy. What the fuck did i just read? This book! This book! Is a DEPRAVED masterpiece. There is depraved and then there is DEPRAVED. I thought I have read it all but clearly I haven’t. This one tops them all. Moony and Xia thanks for holding my hand through this very dark journey.

5 stars for the writing

You see these warnings, please before you read this book, be sure! and consider them because they appear on page, descriptive and intimately.

The Characters

Ivan/Teacher and Chris/Student. These two characters are both psychopaths. They feed off each other. They love killing people and eating human flesh, (view spoiler) These characters are complex, depraved and just nasty, but for some unknown weird reasons, I enjoyed reading about these two characters. Ivan is cold and shows no remorse; Chris on the other hand, shows some remorse towards the victims of their despicable acts. Chris and Ivan pulled me into the story, they are very well developed characters, you can’t help but want to know how these two end up.

The Writing

Hands down, Ezra Blake is an excellent author. He has the ability to capture the reader with his words. I was transported to another universe where depravity is the norm and was convinced to stay. The story is told in 3 parts. The first part is the past, the 2nd part present and the third part alternates between the present and the past and it all comes together in the end. This is so well done. This book excels in writing, it flows from the first chapter to the last chapter. I couldn’t stop reading. What makes this story even more special is that, it is told from the POV of two psychos. We get into the minds of two criminals who are different but work well together that they become one. I know it is very wrong that it becomes right. I don't know if that makes sense.

This depraved book pushed my limits, I now know my threshold. It is horror, not your typical horror, it crosses all your horror boundaries, it needs to be read on an empty stomach, I will not look at meat the same way again. Aorta has a whole new function. And for some weird depraved reasons, I will read every depraved book Ezra writes as long as he maintains his authenticity. I am officially a Stan.

Dinner is served.

description

Today's special is Liver, fava beans, and a nice chianti with a side piece of a loving innocent heart as dessert.

description

I received a free copy of this book from the author via the DBML program, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claustrophilia.

November 19, 2018 – Started Reading
November 19, 2018 – Shelved
November 19, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 19, 2018 –
2.0% "A Homoerotic Horror Novel - Check

Moony and Xia approves -Check

Whiskey - Check

The warnings/tags: The most depraved i have read to date and the book is calling! calling! - Nothing left to do but answer.🤗🤗

Let's do this:

November 21, 2018 – Shelved as: mm
November 21, 2018 – Shelved as: mind-fuck
November 21, 2018 – Shelved as: what-the-hell-did-i-just-read
August 3, 2019 – Shelved as: darkness-my-old-friend

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)

message 1: by Mwanamali (new)

Mwanamali You gonna throw up too?

Shile Idrissa wrote: "You gonna throw up too?"

Maybe, I don't know.. But since i have been warned, i will be reading this on an empty stomach.

Moony Eliver Aorta has a whole new function.

🤣

Excellent review, Shile. I'm glad you saw the brilliance in this one. For sure it's not for everyone, but those of us who can take it have to stick together. Misery loves company or something like that. 😁

message 4: by Karla (new)

Karla Fantastic review! Oh gosh! 😂😂 I’m eating my breakfast and I feel 🤢 just thinking about it lol! Dam you’re brave, babe! So so brave! 😘😘

message 5: by Mwanamali (new)

Mwanamali Bish no. Even your review needs to come with warnings. Nmekurub friends tena.

Shile Moony wrote: "Aorta has a whole new function.

🤣

Thank you so much Moony. The company was really amazing and supportive. Ezra's writing is to be celebrated. This guy got talent. :)
Lol! That Aorta scene will stay with me for life.

Shile Karla wrote: "Fantastic review! Oh gosh! 😂😂 I’m eating my breakfast and I feel 🤢 just thinking about it lol! Dam you’re brave, babe! So so brave! 😘😘"

Oh my! i hope your appetite is still intact. Thanks babe! these kind of books are so captivating to read. :)

Xia Xia Lake Gorgeous review, Shile! The hardest challenge the ones who have read this book face is explaining why it was good. You've done that masterfully! This book will haunt us forever 😱. I feel brainwashed.

Shile Idrissa wrote: "Bish no. Even your review needs to come with warnings. Nmekurub friends tena."

Haha! you are still my one and only. :) Come to the dark side.

Shile Xia Xia wrote: "Gorgeous review, Shile! The hardest challenge the ones who have read this book face is explaining why it was good. You've done that masterfully! This book will haunt us forever 😱. I feel brainwashed."

Thank you Xia! Isn't that the truth. Convincing other readers and yourself why this book is worth is so hard. Ezra owns us at the moment. My head is still full. :)

message 11: by Mwanamali (new)

Mwanamali Shile wrote: "Idrissa wrote: "Bish no. Even your review needs to come with warnings. Nmekurub friends tena."

Haha! you are still my one and only. :) Come to the dark side."

I draw the line at necrophilia. Dead bodies are for manure.

Shile Idrissa wrote: "Shile wrote: "Idrissa wrote: "Bish no. Even your review needs to come with warnings. Nmekurub friends tena."

Haha! you are still my one and only. :) Come to the dark side."

I draw the line at nec..."

Bummer! well i tried. :)

message 13: by Lyn (new)

Lyn I keep seeing amazing reviews with fair warning about this book, and yours is no different. Amazing review, babe! I've grown accustomed to your bravery when it comes to the dark reads, but applaud you no less for pushing boundaries and making it through! xoxo

message 14: by Judith (new)

Judith I'm kind of morbidity fascinated by this book.The subject matter is obviously dark (massive understatement?) but it's got fantastic reviews....but,your first spoiler...My God,I'm trying to imagine how an Author could make that work!

Terrifically told review....I'm still interested x

message 15: by Bev (new)

Bev Fantastic review sweets. I'm thinking this will be too dark for this book wuss 😉

Xia Xia Lake I feel like the voice of Christmas future lurking around reviews for this one. @Jude, Shile's spoiler is among the least horrifying things about this book. If you ever decide to read it, make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. I gave it a 5 stars, and I would love to see Ezra get more readers but I don't think it's for everyone.

message 17: by Shile (last edited Nov 21, 2018 11:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Lyn wrote: "I keep seeing amazing reviews with fair warning about this book, and yours is no different. Amazing review, babe! I've grown accustomed to your bravery when it comes to the dark reads, but applaud ..."

This book has the best writing there is. The problem is the content is not for everyone. Thank you babe! there is something extra in these dark reads that i find worth reading. :)

Shile Judith wrote: "I'm kind of morbidity fascinated by this book.The subject matter is obviously dark (massive understatement?) but it's got fantastic reviews....but,your first spoiler...My God,I'm trying to imagine ..."

Just be warned, i have only touched the surface. The author did an amazing job writing some of the most gross descriptive scenes in this book. He made sure to tell it in a way that is both gross and fascinating to read at the same time.

Thanks babe! i hope you will get through it fingers crossed.! xx

Shile Bev wrote: "Fantastic review sweets. I'm thinking this will be too dark for this book wuss 😉"

Thanks babe! Stay far away from this one. :) xoxo

Shile Xia Xia wrote: "I feel like the voice of Christmas future lurking around reviews for this one. @Jude, Shile's spoiler is among the least horrifying things about this book. If you ever decide to read it, make sure ..."

Yes, this is a work of art. Too bad it is not for everyone. Ezra needs to write more. :)

message 21: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Awesome review babe ;) xoxo

Shile Wendy wrote: "Awesome review babe ;) xoxo"

Thanks Wendy darling! xoxo

message 23: by Simone (last edited Nov 22, 2018 03:25AM) (new)

Simone Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I have to clean it myself I better don't go there. LOL. So happy you made it, love, and awesome review as always. <3

message 24: by Wynne (new)

Wynne Katherine Amazing review babe! Not sure if I'll ever read it since it involves cannibalism, but I'm happy that you enjoyed hahah <3

message 25: by Diana (new)

Diana Wow, don't know if I could read this one. Yet, it intrigues me at the same time. Terrific review, sweets!xx

message 26: by Barbara➰ (new)

Barbara➰ Geez lol. That's a lot of depraved. Glad you enjoyed it babe.

Shile Simone wrote: "Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I have to clean it myself I better don't go there. LOL. So happy you made it, love, and awes..."

Stay far away from this one. It pushed all my boundaries, but i stayed until the end, I surprise myself sometimes and blame it on the amazing writing. Thank you my darling! xoxo

Shile Wynne wrote: "Amazing review babe! Not sure if I'll ever read it since it involves cannibalism, but I'm happy that you enjoyed hahah <3"

Let's say i enjoyed the writing, the content on the other hand is still debatable. Thanks babe. Don't go near this one, if you can't stand cannibalism. :)

Shile Diana wrote: "Wow, don't know if I could read this one. Yet, it intrigues me at the same time. Terrific review, sweets!xx"

Curiosity led me here, the writing, led me to the end. This book is so depraved and on another level. Thanks babe! xoxo

Shile Barbara➰ wrote: "Geez lol. That's a lot of depraved. Glad you enjoyed it babe."

It is on another level, but the writing is amazing, it held my interest to the end. Thanks babe! xoxo

message 31: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Awesome review, babe! I wish I had the stomach for cannibalism! Haha! 💛

message 32: by Simone (new)

Simone Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I have to clean it myself I better don't go there. LOL. So happy you made it,..."

I will. ;-) Amazing writing can push me through a lot of things, but that? Thanks, but no thanks. ;-)

message 33: by Ariana (new)

Ariana "Abusive relationships, blood, corpses/necrophilia, cannibalism, claustrophobia, death, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, drug use, forced captivity, graphic sex, kidnapping, rape, suicide (attempted), torture, violence, watersports/urine"

Is that all? You're sure there isn't something horrifying that's still in there? XD
Omg. Thank you so much for your review. This is definitely NOT for me. If it wasn't for that very select list, I can't read teacher/student. Too close to home. No way. Just the thought makes me cringe like a worm in the sunshine.

Shile Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I have to clean it myself I better don't go there. LOL. So happ..."

Lol! i understand! for now leave this one alone. Better safe than puke your lunch. :)

Shile Nazanin wrote: "Awesome review, babe! I wish I had the stomach for cannibalism! Haha! 💛"

Thanks hon! I see human flesh is a no go zone for you. :)

Shile Ariana wrote: ""Abusive relationships, blood, corpses/necrophilia, cannibalism, claustrophobia, death, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, drug use, forced captivity, graphic sex, kidnapping, rape, sui..."

Lol! i promise that is mostly all! maybe?
I get you this book is not for everyone. The author is talented, but his content is depraved. Thanks Ariana, i enjoyed the writing, jury is still out on the content. :)

message 37: by Simone (new)

Simone Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I have to clean it myself I better don't go ther..."

I was on the verge of doing so too often lately anyway. 😅 Nope, nope, nope. 😂

message 38: by Shile (last edited Nov 22, 2018 10:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I have to clean it myself I better..."

No judgment here! totally understandable. This one made me realize i have limits. Lol!

message 39: by Simone (new)

Simone Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I have to clean it ..."

You are much braver than I am. 😊😘

message 40: by Christelle (new)

Christelle ahaha...no wonder Jan started reading this one after this review ;-)

message 41: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire I was all set to read this next. Then my last book punched me in the face, ripped my heart out and totally gutted me... needless to say I am reading something else until I get my head on straight. Great Review, my lovely and I will read this soon xx

message 42: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Christelle wrote: "ahaha...no wonder Jan started reading this one after this review ;-)"

😂 She is one brave woman!

message 43: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Claire wrote: "I was all set to read this next. Then my last book punched me in the face, ripped my heart out and totally gutted me... needless to say I am reading something else until I get my head on straight. ..."

Omg. You are heading this way??? You just have nerves of steel! :)

message 44: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine It’s now on my tbr!

message 45: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review!💖😉

Shile Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Ugh, I draw the line at cannibalism, thank you very much. *shudders* I would puke my guts out, and since I hav..."

I try to be sometimes. 😉😊

message 47: by Shile (last edited Nov 22, 2018 10:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Christelle wrote: "ahaha...no wonder Jan started reading this one after this review ;-)"

Lol! Christelle! you know us so well. This dark books, just have something extra. That you can't resist :)

Shile Claire wrote: "I was all set to read this next. Then my last book punched me in the face, ripped my heart out and totally gutted me... needless to say I am reading something else until I get my head on straight. ..."

Oh noooes sorry! it is good to wait. You have to be in the right mood for this one! and have an empty stomach. I hope you will enjoy the writing too. The content is still debatable. Thanks Claire. :)

Shile "Claire wrote: "I was all set to read this next. Then my last book punched me in the face, ripped my heart out and totally gutted me... needless to say I am reading something else until I get my hea...

Ariana wrote: Omg. You are heading this way??? You just have nerves of stee..."

Ariana! the dark side is really tempting. 🤤🤤

Shile Christine wrote: "It’s now on my tbr!"

Be really sure Christine! or you might end up with a DNF! I really hope you will enjoy the writing. :)

« previous 1