Eva (TXBookjunkie)'s Reviews > Rocky Mountain Haven

Rocky Mountain Haven by Vivian Arend

Jan 10, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-01-jan, contemporary, erotic, own, my-ebooks, cowboy-or-rancher, read-2012

The first half of this book was hot. But then the last half sort of dragged for me - the pace of the story seemed slower as the hero and heroine settled into their relationship and became friends (as well as lovers).

I'm not sure if it was just the way the Kindle version was formatted, but the jumps in days/weeks was a little confusing since there was no distinguishing break between one paragraph and another that suddenly had you two weeks later in the story.

Daniel was so sweet. I'm glad things worked out for him. I'm a little surprised the age difference didn't seem to be a problem to Beth or a reason she used at the beginning to keep Daniel at a distance (she was several years older if I recall correctly). The side story with Matt and his girlfriend was strange and the way their relationship turned out was weird but maybe I'm missing something from not having read the previous story in this series. The blurb for the first book isn't compelling enough for me to pick it up, but I will keep an eye for the follow up stories in this series. i'd recommend this for readers looking for a hot romance with a sweet hero.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rocky Mountain Haven.

January 10, 2012 – Shelved
January 17, 2012 – Started Reading
January 18, 2012 – Shelved as: cowboy-or-rancher
January 18, 2012 – Shelved as: read-2012
January 18, 2012 – Finished Reading

Kazza Book 1 was superior for mine. I would give it a go Eva.

Eva (TXBookjunkie) Kazza wrote: "Book 1 was superior for mine. I would give it a go Eva."

I was a little put off by a review that mentioned the heroine flirted with the hero's brothers even though she was into the hero for the longest time. I'll probably give it a try one day regardless since I do like Arend's style.

Kazza Ah, Jaxi needed to 'push' Blake a little, he was hung up on their age difference and her being a young girl still, even though he wanted her. Jaxi concocted a plan with the help of the twins. She did a little harmless flirting with a purpose. If ever you feel in the mood it is a good book. Sometimes I've been put off books by some reviews only to find that when I read them they were different for me than the other reviewers. Cheers.

Eva (TXBookjunkie) That's true. Thanks for clearing that up for me (that the twins were in on the plan).