Bianca (The Ultimate Fangirl)'s Reviews > Girl Gone Viral

Girl Gone Viral by Arvin Ahmadi

bookshelves: read-asian, sci-fi

HOLY AMAZEBALLS. THIS. BOOK. Now it sort off dawned on me why Penguin Teen called out Arvin on Twitter to submit this because heck, I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY DONE THE SAME THING. LOL

That being said, I was in the middle of a ridiculous!! slump when I started reading this book, but it was the cure to my sanity. I love stories that deal with virtual reality, much so if it involves technology and discussions. There's all this talk about augmented reality, people against technology, and virtual talk shows. I'm here for it and Arvin has executed it so well. I was engrossed with this book, because it is eerily familiar yet foreign to me, and I cannot help but be kept on my toes the entire time.

My full review is slated to go up in May as I am contributing for the tour of this book, but some things to anticipate:
- Opal Hopper, because she is amazing. Girls who code? UMM, YES.
- Dynamic friendships
- WAVE (eat your heart out, YOUTUBE.)
- Discussions of grief, relationships, importance of taking care of your mental health, and moral grounds

There are no words to describe the truth bombs that this book has up its sleeve. I can't even fully describe the emotions that I felt when I finished it. Hot tip: Do not read this book if you're bad at concealing your "WTF is going on here" face. Honestly May feels like it is still so far because I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT IS JUST SO DARN GOOD AND THERE IS A LOT OF GROUND OPEN FOR DISCUSSION. Arvin this better have a sequel or so help me...

Huge thanks to Bookworms Unite for letting me join the tour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl Gone Viral.

November 16, 2018 – Shelved