Carla (happiestwhenreading)'s Reviews > Becoming

Becoming by Michelle Obama

bookshelves: 2018, favorites

To be honest, when I first heard about @michelleobama’s upcoming memoir, Becoming, I passed it off. Politics bore me, probably because I don’t have a good understanding of them. But, as I kept seeing promotional material appearing around #bookstagram, I had a tiny tug in my heart that demanded I pay attention. So on release day, I drove a couple hours, to our nearest Target, and bought myself a copy.

It was a dense read, forcing me to read slowly - something I don’t normally love in a book - but this was just written so well, that I relished getting to savor it. I loved every single page of this book and I dearly miss the Obama Administration in the White House. Right now, Mrs. Obama’s advice rings as true as the day she said it, “When they go low, we go high.”

Do yourself a favor and buy a copy of this one...don’t wait for the library hold to come in! It’s worth every penny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming.

November 16, 2018 – Started Reading
November 16, 2018 – Shelved
November 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Elyse Walters Agree!!!

Gina McDonald Bought it on day 1 too and I usually use the library. This is s book to own, share, slowly enjoy! I have about 1/4 left waiting til the end to enjoy the photos!