Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Cane's Detour & Daniel's Darkness: Written By Blood Prequels

Cane's Detour & Daniel's Darkness by Dwayne Gill

19253213

bookshelves: techno-thriller, action, thriller, science-fiction, apocalyptic

Cane's Detour & Daniel's Darkness by Dwayne Gill is a collection of two short novellas which serve as a prequel to and marks the beginning of a new technothriller series, Written By Blood.

Cane's Detour : 4/5: The story started with an action-packed and super fast paced scenario which set the tone of the story (and the series) pretty well. As soon as I started reading, I knew I was in for some gritty action and some serious thrills. And this story did not disappoint. I was pretty amazed at how much the author managed to pack up in such a short story. A must read if you like action-packed narration and raw characters with dangerous edges.

Daniel's Darkness : 3.5/5: This story was an entirely different cup of tea than the first one in terms of storyline, while at the same time, packing qual amount of rawness to characterization. Though this one had less action and more emotions and explored different themes while staying true to the main conflict of the series (as far as I can tell up to this point in the series.)

Overall: 4/5: I enjoyed both the books and can't wait to read the main book in the series, Written In Blood: Conviction. The mood of the series is already set and I know one thing for sure that this book is going to be one hell of an exciting ride. Plus, being so intimately acquainted with the characters, it is difficult not to feel so excited to actually begin with this series.

I'd recommend this to all the readers who've been dying to read a series with raw and truly masculine male heroes who throw heavy punches before taking bullshit from anyone.

You cna also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cane's Detour & Daniel's Darkness.

November 15, 2018 – Shelved