Sara Ella's Reviews > Coral

Coral by Sara Ella

(Review from the author)

Trigger Warning & A Note to My Readers:

(*You will find this note at the beginning of this book as well.*)

For my friends who have experienced trauma, a warning—this story may be triggering. I have done my best to approach the mental health topics addressed in this book in the most sensitive and caring way possible. But even all the research and sensitivity readers in the world would never make it so I could approach every aspect of mental health from every perspective. Your experience is unique to you.

Potential triggers include suicide, self-harm, emotional abuse, anxiety, depression, PTSD, eating disorders, and unwanted/non-consensual advances.

With that said, while some of what I have written comes from research and some from the caring eyes of sensitivity readers who have lived through many of these experiences, other pieces come from my own personal experience with emotional trauma. If you have lost a loved one, I’m with you. If you face depression or anxiety, my heart aches with you in a truly personal way. If you have ever felt misunderstood for these things or simply wanted to escape altogether—I understand.

For the girl who is not okay. For the boy who wonders if it will ever get better. This story is for you.

My hope is that Coral’s tale may be a small pinprick of light in your darkness—a reminder that you are seen. You are loved. You are not alone. You are not nothing, my friend. And neither am I.

Sincerely,

Sara Ella

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coral.

Finished Reading
November 15, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 15, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Brooke H (new) - added it

Brooke H I’m even more excited to read this now!!🥺

message 2: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Weber I love you and your bravery to speak out about something so personal to many. Can't wait to read it. xo

Jane ❤❤❤

katie 🌈 this is amazing of you

message 5: by Faith M:) (new)

Faith M:) Beautiful words❤

message 6: by John (new)

John Cleary Well said, Sara Ella.

message 7: by Sally (new) - added it

Sally Thank you for writing this book. I'm really looking forward to reading it!

message 8: by Leyla (new) - added it

Leyla You have truly mastered your "Calling" Sara Ella!! I. Love. Your. Writing!

message 9: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Thank you for the warnings.