Alina's Reviews > Hitler's Last Day

Hitler's Last Day by Richard Dargie

Read 2 times. Last read December 11, 2018 to December 14, 2018.

I picked up this book, with hopes to learn a little more of Hitler's actual last day. The story in the book opens up broader to the whole story behind Hitler's history.

I enjoyed the book, and author's writing. It reminded me a lot of the book I've read earlier this year called "Five Days That Shocked the World" by Nicolas Best. Unlike the first book, this story is introduced in a lighter and less bald way. While telling the story of Hitler's last day, the author trails back to the earlier days of Nazi's leader. The book introduced me to a few brand new details, for example, Hitler's relationship with women, a history behind it, his WWI experience and new facts/rumors from that time. And most importantly Stalin's point of view on Hitler's suicide. Many other facts were already known to me, however, it was a nice way to refresh the memory.

"Hitler's Last Day" is a wonderful, short, very informative story of Nazi's leader. Wonderful read and definitely a gift for any history lovers. Thank you, NetGalley for a free copy of the book, and Richard Dargie for a fascinating story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hitler's Last Day.

Finished Reading