Bradley's Reviews > Westworld Psychology: Violent Delights

Westworld Psychology by Travis Langley

bookshelves: 2018-shelf, non-fiction, psychology

For what this is, it's quite good, but that begs the question. What IS it?

It's primarily a method to give real examples of modern psychology in a truly eclectic fashion especially for the fans of Westworld. Each of these essays, complete with examples, aside-blurbs in textbook-fashion, variously dive deep into ways of thinking, be it cognitive behavioral therapy to existentialism to PTSD and lots else, besides.

It comes with plenty of examples from the first two seasons of the show.

Who is this for?

It's for people who want to learn more about psychology and would love to see Westworld broken down to quite a few (but not all) psychological components. Of course, most of it focuses on coping mechanisms and issues like consciousness, uncanny valleys, and a nice heavy focus on how to be well adjusted rather than spelling out what's wrong with us (or the hosts). :)

What kind of surprised me was the rather huge reference bibliography at the end. :) In this respect, it's a rather more scholarly work than a popular one but a number of the essays still fit the popular bill nicely. Do I recommend?

Well, yeah, I for one rather enjoyed it because I have a psychology background so it served as a nice refresher. And since I'm a huge Westworld fan, they both dovetailed nicely. I makes me hunger for a nice Westworld PHILOSOPHY book, next.

Some of the essays might have been slightly dry but I didn't mind so much. I'm rather a geek.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Westworld Psychology.

November 15, 2018 – Shelved
November 15, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 25, 2018 – Started Reading
December 27, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-shelf
December 27, 2018 – Shelved as: non-fiction
December 27, 2018 – Shelved as: psychology
December 27, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by L. (new)

L. McCoy I recently binge watched both seasons. Pretty good.

Bradley It was indeed. :)