tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Cavellini in California and in Budapest - living-room show 1980

Cavellini in California and in Budapest - living-room show 1980 by Guglielmo Achille Cavellini

bookshelves: artists-books

If you like Cavellini (I do) & think of him as an energetic & talented man who was an active figure in mail art of the late 1970s & early 1980s (as I do), then any of his bks are of interest. The added bonus here is that since he was touring California & Budapest there're plenty of photos of mail artists & diary entries about them in both those places from that time. The front cover shows Bill Gaglione & Buster Cleveland - 2 Bay Area Dadaists. It's noteworthy to me that Cavellini's self-historification project can be interpreted as egomaniacal but that, at the same time, the extremely widespread mail artist support of it can be taken to be 'selfless'. On the cover Gaglione & Cleveland are wearing clothes covered w/ Cavellini stickers & Cleveland wears a Cavellini shirt. So many funny, interesting folks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cavellini in California and in Budapest - living-room show 1980.