JustJen "Miss Conduct"'s Reviews > Cash

Cash by Garrett Leigh

liked it
bookshelves: mm, lbr, ebook

I was really looking forward to Cash’s story. We met him in the previous book as the guy who works at the garage with Lucky and who rents Lucky a room in his house. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but this was not even close. We know Cash has some secrets, and even though they come out, and they seem to align with Rae and his current situation, I didn’t think that would almost completely take over the story.

Rae is a sab, or saboteur of hunts (foxhunts). He lives like a gypsy in a caravan/camp, and their sole purpose in life is to prevent the hunts from taking place (they are now illegal) in whatever way they can. I had a hard time understanding how one could live this way, basically homeless, with no visible income, etc. It seemed that Cash had escaped that life and was actually doing ok for himself but then he gets sucked back in as well.

This has the typical Garrett Leigh feel to it, and while there were aspects of the characters I enjoyed, so much was overshadowed by the sab storyline that I kept losing interest. I didn’t have any issues with the actual writing/style, nor did I expect any. This is a bit of a fluke for me where Ms. Leigh’s book are concerned, so I’m just going to chalk this one up to just not being my cuppa and hope the next one is back on track for me.

Review written for Love Bytes Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cash.

November 15, 2018 – Shelved