Farah 's Reviews > The Last Letter

The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros

42020920

bookshelves: career-day, cry-me-a-river

I started reading this book when I woke up to start my day at 2a.m. By 2:3O, I was sobbing. This book was exactly like watching a live boxing match between Rocky and Ivan Drago in Vegas (actual match took place in Russia) Rocky IV, 1985.. Heart's On Fire by John Cafferty, take a listen to it if you've never heard of it before.

Okay back to The Last Letter, Rocky was the leads + the kids while Ivan represented all the hardships / misunderstandings / pain / deaths and destructions. During the breaks, I got to enjoy the strong heroine, the broken hero, the charming twins, the brotherhood / sisterhood formed by the military personnel, the slow burn romance between the leads and the supportive secondary characters before the damn Paulie Pennino shoved me off the stool - not even from Ikea and made me faced Drago again. And each round was more than 3 minutes!

Rocky /the leads + kids/ I had to endure serious emotional + physical pain/ turmoil before the one minute breaks but experiencing all the beauties during the short breaks inspired us to get back up and kick Drago's arse!

Ms.Yarros, I still love you even though you ripped my heart into pieces then burned it in the 7th hell. You gave me Josh and Ember - one of my most favorite mf couple, how can I ever hate you. Recommended? Yes. Please stock up on tissues, chocolate and play Care Bears on the background, since I hate Care Bears - Max and Ruby was my poison.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Letter.

November 15, 2018 – Shelved
November 15, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 26, 2019 – Started Reading
February 26, 2019 –
page 96
22.22% "Tissues aren't working, even the eucalyptus 3ply ones. I might as well use the bath towel."
February 27, 2019 – Shelved as: career-day
February 27, 2019 – Shelved as: cry-me-a-river
February 27, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Somia (new) - added it

Somia Fab review, this book sounds like one hell of a emotional ride

Farah Somia wrote: "Fab review, this book sounds like one hell of a emotional ride"

Yes, I'm still crying.. Thanks Somia :|

message 3: by Lex (new)

Lex Kent Great review Farah:)

message 4: by Carrie (new) - added it

Carrie So you know I have to read this if it is as emotional as you say it is!

Farah Many thanks, Lex.
Carrie - Beware, you might want to throat punch the author or me while reading this.

message 6: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Farah!💋💖

Farah Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Farah!💋💖"

Thanks Kat, have you read anything by the author?