Brenda's Reviews > Something in the Wine

Something in the Wine by Tricia Stringer

bookshelves: 2019-release, aussie-authors, rural, romance, 5000-2019, arc, net-galley, own-read, read-on-kindle

Keely Mitchell was looking forward to her holiday in WA; to following her dreams and going where she wanted. But the day of her arrival in Perth, she had an unexpected medical emergency and it was only luck that had her remembering the note with the phone number in her jeans pocket. Heading to Margaret River was the last thing she thought she’d be doing, but recuperation was paramount and her respite at Levallier Dell Wines seemed fortuitous.

As Keely slowly regained her strength, her discomfort at the situation in the face of the father and son who quite obviously didn’t see eye to eye was enough to make her want to leave. But gradually, the beauty of the vineyard; the wine and food; the friendliness of the locals – all made Keely realise she loved the area. But of course she couldn’t stay. Her sketches and jewellery making kept her occupied, but she wasn’t sure it was enough.

Would Keely leave Levallier Dell with just her memories to add to her holiday experiences? Or was there more, much more that she could experience?

Another fabulous read from the pen of Aussie author Tricia Stringer! I thoroughly enjoyed Something in the Wine, as I have all this author’s work. Her descriptions are so well painted, even though I’ve never been to the area, I could visualize it all. I could see the volatile and passionate neighbour Theo; the gossiping café owner; the frustrations of both father and son – all written in an easy-to-read way. An excellent novel which I have no trouble recommending.

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something in the Wine.

November 15, 2018 – Shelved
April 12, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read
April 12, 2019 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
April 13, 2019 – Started Reading
April 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Brenda!

Brenda Thanks Deanna :)

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Brenda