Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Smoke, Roots, Mountain, Harvest: Recipes and Stories Inspired by My Appalachian Home

Smoke, Roots, Mountain, Harvest by Lauren McDuffie

description
description I'm always on the lookout for new and unique cookbooks and when I saw this one available for reviewing, I knew it was something I needed to get my hands on.

So first off, the cover on this book is just gorgeous. It is bright and eye-catching, and I have never seen apples like that before! The book itself is divided into the following chapters...

-- Introduction
-- How to Use This Book
-- Larder & Kitchen Tools
-- Good to Know
-- A Quick Wine Pairing Guide
-- Fall (Ghost Stories, Far from the Tree, Forest Walk, The Homeplace, Noble Rot)
-- Winter (The Wilderness Road, Nora’s Kitchen, Apothecary, Evergreen, Moonshine)
-- Spring (Country Roads, Sun Shower, The Friday Night Jamboree, Kentucky Rain)
-- Summer (Riverbend, Bourbon Country, Strawberries & Summertime, Harvest & Honey, The Sweetest Winds)

This cookbook was well laid out. The recipes easy to follow. It was full of gorgeous photos, quotes, and stories. Which I would have loved to have shown you, but they covered my review copy in an insane amount of "copyright" graphics which frankly made it hard to read.

Here are just a few of the yummy sounding recipes you will find within...

-- Fire-Roasted Stuffed Pumpkins
-- Winter-Spiced Morning Rolls
-- Wildflower & Spring Greens
-- Morning Sun Tea Lattes
-- Cantaloupe & Honey Jam
-- Hummingbird Pancakes (I made these, and they were SO good!)
-- Heirloom Tomato Galette
-- Whiskey-Spiked Creamed Corn
-- Sweet Cream Pound Cake

If you are a collector of cookbooks, then this is one you won't want to miss. It would make a perfect addition to your collection, or a gorgeous coffee-table book to leave out for guests to look through.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smoke, Roots, Mountain, Harvest.

November 12, 2018 – Shelved