Tari's Reviews > A Vintage Death

A Vintage Death by Mary Ellen Hughes

Ohhh this was so good, and I didn't want it to end! I was wishing I could just hang around a bit longer in Keepsake Cove after the really awesome ending this book had.

It was fall in Keepsake Cove, and all the business owners were decorating and getting ready for all the extra business they hoped that author Lyssa Hammond's book event would bring them. When a local B&B owner was found stabbed with a pair of antique scissors, his estranged wife Dorothy was the major person of interest. Callie was determined that her friend wasn't going to go to jail, because she knew Dorothy wouldn't do something like that.

Callie and Lyssa had become fast friends and did a lot of sleuthing together, which I thought was awesome, since up till now, Callie hadn't really had a girlfriend close to her age. The showdown was really exciting and the ending was super satisfying. I had read the first book, which I really enjoyed as well, but this could work as a standalone. The main characters are the type that you meet and feel like they're good friends. This book makes me want to go back and read over the first one, just so I can spend more time in Keepsake Cove while waiting for the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Vintage Death.

November 12, 2018 – Shelved