Becky's Reviews > Knocked-Up Cinderella

Knocked-Up Cinderella by Julie Hammerle

bookshelves: arc, contemporary

Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 11/13/18.

I abso-freaking-lutely loved this one!

I've read almost all (read: I missed one--how did that happen?) of Ms. Hammerle's YA books, so when I saw this title and her name with it, I got all grabby-handy. Seriously. I didn't even read the blurb.

And I haven't regretted it a bit!

I loved that:

-the characters are 40 (even if Ian doesn't always act it)

-the romance is slow burn--verrrrry slow burn, because they're both pretty settled into their own lives (as you are, in your 40s)

-Ian and Erin start out as friends (okay, technically they start out as a one-night-stand, and then they're a one-night-stand with permanent consequences, and then they're friends. Still, friends-to-lovers FTW!)

-even though I was *sure* that these two would end up together somehow, Ms. Hammerle kept me hovering at the knife's edge of despair because OMG THESE TWO WERE NEVER GOING TO GET TOGETHER for, like, 90+% of the book

-their BFFs were awesome (yes, people in their 40s sometimes use "BFF" to refer to their BFFs)

-even though Erin and Ian were totally warm for each other's form and had wild and passionate episodes that included dramatic sweeping off of desks (after non-sweepable items were removed, as is only practical) this was still essentially a closed door romance

-the epilogue got me all teary

I didn't love:

(crickets)

Hmmm. I could come up with something, given enough time.

Maybe.

But why would I want to? ;)

Honestly, if this book is any indication (which I sincerely hope it is!) this line is exactly what I've been looking for. I can't wait to read more from it, and (hopefully!) more non-YA reads from Ms. Hammerle!

Rating: 4 stars / A

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knocked-Up Cinderella.

November 12, 2018 – Started Reading