Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Last Letter

The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros

bookshelves: 2019, best-2019, bittersweet, netgalley, romance

“If I ever hide something from you, it’s because I’m terrified to risk losing you. That whole roller-coaster thing? I’ve never felt like this. Never had my heart leave my body and belong to someone else. I don’t know how to have a relationship, and I’m bound to screw this one up.”

I should've known better after reading the dedication at the beginning of the book that tough times were coming. Yet, I was not prepared for the heartache I felt after reading The Last Letter. My heart was broken in tiny pieces.

The Last Letter was so well written that it felt real. The emotions, the characters, the military romance were all "possible". They had a ring of truth to them.

What's The Last Letter about?

Ella lives in Telluride, Colorado. She runs a Bed and Breakfast place. She's divorced but has a pair of twins, Maisie and Colt. Her brother Ryan is overseas. She doesn't know where he's at but when she asks him if any of the guys in his team needed some mail, Ryan told her to send letters to "Chaos", one of his teammates.

Not too long after establishing a pen pal relationship with Chaos, Ella learns that one of her children is very sick but she doesn't have time to be shocked. She needs to do whatever is necessary to help her child. Then, more devastating news is given to her.

Beckett (Chaos) didn't have a happy childhood. He joined the military and Ryan became his friend but his best friend is his special ops dog. He would do anything for her. After the death of a teammate, Beckett is ready to leave the military and go in search of Ella. When he gets there he doesn't want to tell her he's Chaos. At first, Ella is not happy with someone coming to "watch over" her but after a while, she starts trusting him and caring for him. Her children also get attached to him.

So what could go wrong?

For Ella, lying is not forgivable and as the reader you know, Beckett has been lying to her. It won't be pretty when she learns the truth.

The Last Letter is more than a military romance. It's about loss, regret, sickness, grief, hope, and forgiveness.

Cliffhanger: No

A complimentary copy was provided by Entangled via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

4.5/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Letter.

November 11, 2018 – Shelved
March 10, 2019 – Shelved as: best-2019
March 10, 2019 – Shelved as: bittersweet
March 10, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
March 10, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena Excellent review Sheyla!!

Sheyla ✎ Selena wrote: "Excellent review Sheyla!!"
Thank you, Selena!!