We Like them Dark **'s Reviews > Anointed

Anointed by Charity B.

bookshelves: 2018

This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and I’m definitely eager to read more work by her. I’m very curious about the cult romance type of stories-I’m curious to learn more about their brainwashed life style, and how they overcome essentially being governed by these insane dark monsters.
After reading the blurb-and seeing this gorgeous cover, I was totally all in. If I could give you one piece of advice while reading this book-it’d be stick with it. The beginning does move fairly slow, but the author is just painting a vivid picture of the land and how everything works-and a look at all of the characters. Once we’re really entrenched in the story is where things start happening, and it’s essentially an emotional roller coaster for the reader-which I whole heartedly loved. I liked Laurel Ann-she had a shitty hand, and dealt with things as they came. You can’t fault her for her judgements, because that’s how she was raised. The chemistry between her and Zeb was insane, and it was totally my favorite part.
The only reason why I’m bumping it one star is because I expected it to be a bit darker. Once we made it past the beginning it really lost the dark aspect that I love so much.
This is an awesome read, and I would recommend it. I’m off to read more by Charity B!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anointed.

Finished Reading