Katie Fitzgerald's Reviews > Lakeshore Christmas

Lakeshore Christmas by Susan Wiggs

2281988
The best way to summarize this book would be to say, "No library is a failure who has friends, George." It's a feel-good holiday story about a stereotypical small-town librarian and a former child actor who fall in love and work to save a public library from closing. Were it not a Christmas book, it would probably be too cheesy to stomach, but as it suits the holiday mood, I liked it well enough to stick with it and finish it even though Christmas was almost two weeks ago. I'm also not bothered by stereotypical depictions of librarians. I liked Maureen well enough despite her dullness, and I only really wished that there were more details about her family in place of some of the side plots. (But I realize I have only read book 1 and book 6 in this series so those side plots probably mean more to people who read the series in order.) I may revisit this series at some point in the future, but my next read will be something with a bit more substance.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lakeshore Christmas.

November 11, 2018 – Shelved