Ezinwanyi's Reviews > Minimum Wage Magic

Minimum Wage Magic by Rachel Aaron

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, dragons, audiobook, meet-greet-recs-completed, magic

I really liked this spinoff although it felt like a whole new series.
Opal Young-Ae is a cleaner who is trying to survive and maintain her independe by paying her bills on time. Opal stumbled on to a house with a dead man, but his notes indicated that he died protecting a valuable secret.

While it’s set in the DFZ, we don’t get a major crossover with The Heartstriker clan although there was a mention of the dragon who protected the City. Opal lays a foundation for her own journey towards freedom from parental interference just like Julius and she also makes a key ally with another cleaner Nick. I like the subtle attraction the author intimated with Nick and Opal so I look forward to some romance in book 2.

If you loved Heartstriker series, then you will love this one as well because the creative storytelling and plot is the same. The characters are likeable and you want to root for them. Rachel Aaron is quickly becomes an autobuy author for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Minimum Wage Magic.

November 11, 2018 – Shelved
March 28, 2019 – Started Reading
March 30, 2019 – Finished Reading
April 2, 2019 – Shelved as: meet-greet-recs-completed
April 2, 2019 – Shelved as: magic

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Guess I'd better finish the Heartstrikers series!

Ezinwanyi Kathleen wrote: "Guess I'd better finish the Heartstrikers series!"

I couldn’t put it down (the Heartstriker series). Which book are you on?
This particular book didn’t bring back any of the characters in a meaningful way. It’s just set in the DFZ