Susan Denney's Reviews > Going Postal

Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Jan 09, 2012

Read in January, 2011

I've probably read this one before. My husband is such a huge Terry Pratchett fan that I sometimes pick one up and give it a shot again. But he got the DVD version for Christmas. I adored it! So I thought I would re-read the book. Unusually, I like the movie version much better. (Be sure and look for the Terry Pratchett's Going Postal--There's evidently another movie of the same name.) I love romance and there's more of it in the movie. And the hero (Richard Coyle) is so charming that you just fall in love with him.

This being said, the book is also brilliant. And witty. And quite thoughtful. The window into the con man's mind is fascinating. Sir Terry must have be a bit of a con man himself in order to read Moist Lipwig's thoughts so carefully. It's a good look into the advantages as well as disadvantages of digital rather than written communication taking over.

It's a fun and fascinating read. And if you harbor any tender feelings toward the Post Office because of a love letter you once received, you'll love it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Postal.