Margaret's Reviews > The Christmas Singing

The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall

2043205
Jan 09, 2012

liked it

The Christmas Singing is a lovely story about an Amish young woman Mattie who is torn between two beaus, the one that left her heartbroken and the one that would never hurt her. In the end she chooses between the two, but is it the right choice? The character of Mattie was bold and creative. Mattie is a successful cake decorator, a business she started when Gideon broke her heart and she moved from Pennsylvania to Ohio. When Mattie faces a tragedy, she is forced to go back to PA and to face Gideon. Mattie's new love Sol, stands by her throughout it all, but in the end he knows that Mattie needs to make a decision.

This was definitely a quick and pleasant read. I love Amish stories, just the peaceful sense of life unencumbered. I think the author did a wonderful job of developing the characters and weaving them each into the story. I enjoyed the recipes at the end of the book too, maybe one day I will get to try them. What I enjoy most about Amish fiction, is the wonderful sense of family and community these books promote. I look forward to more books from this author!

Disclaimer: This book was provided to me by Waterbrook-Multnomah as part of the Blogging for Books program. The opinions expressed are 100% my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Singing.