Ellie's Reviews > Lovely Little Liar

Lovely Little Liar by J. Kenner

30207434

bookshelves: j-kenner
Read 2 times. Last read November 11, 2018 to November 12, 2018.

Final Score - 5 Stars!

Pierce and Jezebel are flawed, yet funny characters. I thoroughly enjoyed this book from beginning to end because of their chemistry, banter, and the relationship that develops. This is a rework of the original BITCH SLAP by J. Kenner, only with slight differences/changes that aren't readily noticeable.

The story begins with a case of mistaken identity. Jez thinks Pierce is someone whom she's meeting to help her maneuver through a sticky situation. Pierce thinks that Jez is going to be his random hookup for the evening. He comes across as a bit of a jerk, but he grew on me. And as luck would turn out, he was the man for the job that Jez needed. Mistaken identity aside and these two actually got along when the pretense of sex was taken off the table. However, eventually their initial chemistry was too hard to deny.

And I was rooting for them both. Jezebel is a great, strong character - headstrong, independent and caring, and fiercely loyal. Pierce was a bit of jerk, but underneath is a man who was hurt deeply and just decided to bury the pain deep, until Jez unlocked and healed him.

The secondary characters are even better (and I hope to see more of them in future books). J. Kenner's writing as ever is stellar - great characters, great storyline. This one is a definite must read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lovely Little Liar.

May 30, 2017 – Started Reading