Karyn Taylor's Reviews > Jesse

Jesse by Desiree Lafawn

20508158

Jesse is the 3rd book in the Glass City Hearts series by Desiree Lafawn. I was unaware that there were 2 book before this one but this did not affect my enjoyment or understanding of this book as each can be read as a standalone, although the same characters are present in each book. I would suggest reading them all as, if the 3rd book is anything to go by then I’m sure the first 2 will be equally as awesome and I’ll be sure to read them in the future.
This is the story of Jesse and Harlow. Jesse is running his dad’s bar after the death of his mother. Harlow is a single mum whose son (amusingly also called Jesse but is shortened to JJ) pees on Jesse when he’s caught short on the way to his mum’s job interview.
There is instant chemistry between Jesse and Harlow. This is a really heartwarming romance. Harlow hasn’t let any guy near her following her disastrous relationship with JJ’s dad and she’s too busy concentrating on getting a job to have a better life for her and JJ.
I’m a total sucker for an adorable kid in a book and I can say whole heartedly that JJ is a total scene stealer. He is just the most awesome kid and you can’t help but fall in love with him from the very first chapter.
This is one of those romance stories that make you all warm and fuzzy inside and I’d totally recommend it to others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesse.

November 8, 2018 – Shelved