Energy's Reviews > The Last Woman in the Forest

The Last Woman in the Forest by Diane Les Becquets

54301934

The premise that Marian works with dogs as part of her job already bumps the book up to 4-stars on that premise alone. The fact that the book is a suspenseful thriller is an added bonus.

Happy in her new job, Marian falls for Tate, the guy that everyone in their team looks up to. He's worked everywhere, is full of knowledge that is helpful in learning to do her job, and he's full of knowledge of the world outside as well. Marian even questions him at one point asking how he knew all of this "stuff".

But Tate starts to slowly change over time. He's getting snappy, he's short with her, and he mentions that he's come across a victim in some local murders, he even gives her details. Marian not sure what to say, thinks on it but keeps going along with things. He's a great guy, it's just a coincidence, or is it?

Told through alternating people and timelines of our main character Marian, and a talented forensic profiler Nick, the story unfolds before us. Les Becquets showcases amazing researching in this book. Covering murders unsolved throughout the country including what we call locally as The Kellyville Killer. Then there is the job aspect of research, it isn't just training but it's research, the care of the dogs, the intuition, the physical strength, and endurance required. It's quite impressive.

I knew what was happening and who I should be suspicious of right off the bat, it didn't deter from the story. The Last Woman in the Forest is intense, from beginning to end. A great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Woman in the Forest.

November 5, 2018 – Started Reading