HG7's Reviews > Hearts Divided

Hearts Divided by Ellie Masters

bookshelves: arcs-and-betas, broken-bad-boys, endearing-story, lusty-messes, righteous-babes, rockstar-smut

5 ***** Bash me In ***** Stars
In true Ellie fashion, the characters of Angel Fire sink deeper into my heart. Bash is hit by fate with a fierce and feisty female on fire behind a drum kit. His cocksure ego gets the best of him as she blows past him and he's beside himself to chase after her. Chase, a girl? Been a long time since that happened and she made him chase, boy did he have to work for it... But God love the man who does something straight up stupid and knocks her off her game with brutal honesty. Humble is the man in truth even if his mouth sometimes gets led by his junk.

I loved how he pushed, but knew when to pull back, but still never gave up. Go big or don't go at all, is it? I felt the crackle of electricity between them and he rose to her fire, yet soothed her fears without judgement. As dynamic as these characters were, there was so much balance to themselves and to each other. Ego yet humble and fierce yet fearful. The sexual tension was off the charts and gosh I wanted more. That shower was not enough, gah, I wanted a full blown scene! The build up...killed me!

So many things about this raw and realistic journey took this couple along with the whole clan to the next phase in life. All the boys were back and they paid homage to their brotherhood again. And kept each other grounded, especially when Bash needed to get bashed by Ash. Kinda saw that train wreck coming but didn't know how it would go down. And down it did. ... But once again Bash bashed his way in once again - Go big or don't go at all!

I'm intrigued by the side bar snippets with Spike and interested to find out what's going on there ... something big is gonna happen, but I hope it's not what I think it is.... And the secret mission! Ooohhh... That's gonna be good! And I caught that old guitar Ash played at one point, hoping that she is one in the same and made it back after the crash in Hearts Desire... We never did find out what happened to her.

But this story ... The true stars of this book though, were Ranger and Duke. They stole the show!

ARC generously provided by the author for an honest review

Release day, Nov 19 2018

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts Divided.

November 6, 2018 – Started Reading
November 6, 2018 – Shelved
November 9, 2018 –
53.0% "When you look down to see where you are in the booking, hoping it will never end and see that you're only at 53%. oh thank goodness, there's so much more to come! Love that!"
November 10, 2018 – Finished Reading