Carrie's Reviews > Analiese Rising

Analiese Rising by Brenda Drake

bookshelves: netgalley

Analiese Rising by Brenda Drake is a young adult romantic fantasy read that is heavily based on mythology. This one is not set on any one specific era of mythology but instead pulls in characters from all of the different areas with the story centered around all of the Gods.

When Analiese Jordon witnesses and accident she goes to try to help the old man as he lie waiting for an ambulance to arrive. As Analiese approaches though he asks that she not touch him and instead take his bag he’d been carrying to his grandson. Analiese thought it was a strange request but wanted to help however she could so she gathered up his things.

After opening the bag to find out where to return it Analiese finds a list of names within it’s contents and is shocked to not only find her own name but those of her parents and uncle who all died in accidents. Tracking down Marek, the grandson, Analiese is determined that they both get the answers they need with his grandfather’s death leaving so many questions for them both.

Having loved the Library Jumpers series from Brenda Drake I had high hopes for this new novel so I was extremely excited to find it did live up to my hopes. This new series has that unique storytelling that I’ve come to expect from the author that doesn’t leave me thinking of every other YA novel out there. I’m a huge fan of stories using mythology and this one pulling in Gods from all areas was certainly new to me and it had plenty of action and adventure to keep the pages turning along as the story went on. I would be all for this one turning into a longer series and spending more time following the characters in the world that was created.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Analiese Rising.

November 6, 2018 – Shelved