Jena Henry's Reviews > The Christmas Spirit

The Christmas Spirit by Susan Buchanan

“I need a Sugar and Spice Bakery and a Natalie Hope in my life!” I’m sure you’ll agree with me, so let’s savor this sweet book together.

It’s December 1 in a small town in Scotland. Natalie Hope has just settled into the Rose Cottage and is looking forward to the Christmas season and her part in it. Her task is to run the Sugar and Spice Bakery and café while the owner is in the hospital. But is that really why she’s here, baking scrumptious Christmas cakes, or is there another more special reason?

Every day in December, we meet and then get involved with the lives of five main characters. Stanley is 82 years old and lonely after the recent death of his beloved wife. Jacob is a recent university graduate puzzled by his difficult job search. Meredith is a demon of a boss and Sophie is her loyal assistant. Rebecca has been walloped by a sudden break up with her partner.

What do these charming and memorable characters have in common? They are all searching for hope and joy and they all frequent the Sugar and Spice Bakery.

While you may suspect that there will be a happy and satisfying outcome for each one by the time Christmas arrives, there is plenty of joyful, positive reading to absorb you as you take in this story. I found myself loving and caring about each character and their story. And then there were all the amazing “Christmas Cakes of the Day”!

If you need a little Christmas, then right this very minute read this sweet delight. And let’s hope that there really are Christmas Spirits like Natalie.

Thanks to at Rachels Random Resources for a review copy. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Spirit.

Finished Reading