Lisa Mandina's Reviews > Analiese Rising

Analiese Rising by Brenda Drake

First off, there was a LOT of stuff going on in this book. So many different gods and goddesses from different mythologies from all over the world. Some I recognized, some I did not. But this was really cool! I love when I hear about things I don't know, and then the story makes me want to go learn more about them. And that is what this story did. There was a lot of adventure, a lot of history, a lot of action, and a little romance thrown in, all together these made for a good teenage story. As I read, I was totally thinking about how I'd love to visit all these places mentioned, the Coliseum, the Louvre, etc. I'm guessing that if there are more books after this, which it sounds like there will be, we will get to go to even more exciting places. For one, I'd love to see some time spent in Egypt, or over in Asia with their mythology as well. Another thing I really liked about the story was how Analiese had been taken in by her uncle, and that she'd grown up with him as her dad. I think it is nice to once in awhile see a healthy step-parent situation, when so often there is not. Although I wasn't sure I liked her step-mother, Jane. By the end of the book I still was unsure about her. Although I haven't read Antigoddess, all of the other books this is compared to in the summary are exactly right. Definitely there is the feel of solving a puzzle like in The Da Vinci Code. You've got all these different gods just wandering around, getting in trouble, or even just being a part of the world, like what little I remember from reading American Gods. And you get the teen angst and fighting monsters that is a bit similar to one of my favorite series books, Half-Blood. Definitely a recommended title for anyone who enjoys paranormal romance, or mythology of all kinds.

This review first appeared on Lisa Loves Literature.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Analiese Rising.

November 6, 2018 – Shelved
November 6, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 9, 2019 – Started Reading
January 9, 2019 –
January 10, 2019 –
17.0% "So far it is definitely interesting!"
January 10, 2019 –
26.0% "So, I think they needed a space between in the word sweetbreads, because that is like intestines or something, not pastry like it says they’re eating."
January 11, 2019 –
69.0% "I want to look up all the different names!!"
January 12, 2019 –
77.0% "I like that twist!!"
January 12, 2019 –
85.0% "Which side? And there’s something about Jane that I don’t like."
January 12, 2019 – Finished Reading