Krystle's Reviews > Fire & Heist

Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst

4.5 stars.

I love Sarah Beth Durst's writing. You can never go wrong with one of her books.

What I love the most about her books is that they are light hearted, feel good stories. If you want a pick me up, her books are great to delve into. There isn't any melodrama in her plots and they focus mostly on character relationships, growing into oneself, and striving to bring something fresh and unique to the table.

To put it plainly, her books are just plain fun.

There was everything of that in here. I loved how our main character has an excellent, loving relationship with parents that are present and available, siblings that listen and communicate to each other, and all of whom are supportive of her views and desires but aren't pushovers. Sky develops a great friendship with Gabriela which doesn't focus on romantic interests but rather working together to achieve a goal. I loved how the importance of family connection was placed into this book and surrounding yourself with people who love and care for you.

The romance in here is very wholesome actually and doesn't take up much screen time. The characters both love and care for each other. The first half of this book focused more on the wyvern in human world interactions but the second half delivers on the dragon promise. I thought it was so cool when the characters are able to transform into dragons, super neat.

Fire and Heist is sweet, fun, and with a bit of humor. A good cheer yourself up book that I would definitely recommend. Fans of her writing would love this one as well.

Arc provided to me by Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire & Heist.

November 6, 2018 – Started Reading
November 6, 2018 – Shelved
November 6, 2018 –
14.0% "It's been quite a long while since I've read ARCs but I have this one. I just love this author's writing."
November 8, 2018 –
40.0% "Things probably won't be that easy."
November 9, 2018 –
83.0% "Ooh, the dragon bits were cool actually."
November 9, 2018 – Finished Reading