Elizabeth's Reviews > Sherwood

Sherwood by Meagan Spooner

I keep discovering NEW favorite retellings and wanting to scream, THIS IS THE BEST! and really, when I'm screaming, THIS IS THE BEST, i'm super serious.

Sherwood is the best. It's a gender-swapped Robin Hood retelling that doesn't shy away from gritty fight scenes, sexism, love and politics. I LOVE IT.

This is the very first Meagan Spooner book I've ever read, and I WILL DEFINITELY be reading more of her writing. the writing flowed so well and beautifully, and the plot never dragged. ever. YAY! I love writing that i just can't put down or stop thinking about.

Now, let's talk about our main character, MARIAN. Marian is a tomboy, who sparred and fell in love with Robin all her life. Marian is full of life and wit and is just wonderful. I love how she knows where she could be better, or when she makes a mistake. Marian is just an epic, feminist main character.

And the ROMANCE. Goodness, it's just so sweet! RobinxMarian are adorable, and I love his POV.

Now, some of you might know that, well, the book starts with Robin dying. So the romance between them is all past tense. *cries* it's so sweet and makes you desperately wish for a happy ending.

Even though this book doesn't resurrect the dead, there is a happy ending. Sherwood completes the happy romance with my new favorite enemies to lover trope. SO FUN. I wanted MORE.

So, yes, guys GO ADD THIS NEW BOOK TO YOUR TBR. you will enjoy it. I promise.

ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sherwood.

November 5, 2018 – Shelved
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: 2019-releases
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: spring-2019-releases
February 17, 2019 – Started Reading
February 17, 2019 –
32.0% "I'm so STRESSED reading this??? I'm terrified of this Sir Guy and I love Marian and SHE BETTER WIN AND EVERYTHING NEEDS TO WORK OUT"
February 19, 2019 –
100.0% "WHAT A READ. UTTERLY DELIGHTFUL RETELLING"
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-reads