Jac (For Love and Books)'s Reviews > Ditched: A Love Story

Ditched by Robin Mellom

Jan 07, 2012

bookshelves: ya, netgalley

Ditched had me at dyed iridescent shoes! Justina is pretty much everything I was in high school (except she's cool and I was kind of a giant geek with my thrift store shopping at my "rich side of town" school.) And she gets to go to prom with her dream date!

I could tell you my prom story, but I won't. My Junior Prom kind of sucked. But after Justina's story? I'll quit complaining. This poor girl, she had me both shaking my head at her choices and wanting to pull her under my wing.

In her debut book, Robin Mellom had me laughing out loud the entire time. I mean, Dog Swapping? Really? The troublesome teen in me is a bit jealous I didn't come up with the idea and/or convince my friends to partake!

The characters are vivid, unique and full of life. The perfect mixture of teenage angst and middle aged meddling. Justina truly was the star of the show, but the Marks and the Ledbetter girls have a special place in my heart. I also have to note that I loved that the main love interest was not even present for much of the book.

If you are looking for a light hearted read that will have you laughing and cringing, I highly recommend Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ditched.

January 7, 2012 – Started Reading
January 7, 2012 – Shelved
January 7, 2012 –
page 1
January 7, 2012 –
page 9
3.25% "Ha haha! I remember dying my shoes to match bridesmaids dresses! #ILovedThe90s"
January 10, 2012 – Shelved as: ya