Hristina's Reviews > Malice

Malice by Pintip Dunn

I went into Malice with a slight bias, but I'm glad that this book only cemented the fact that Pintip Dunn is my favorite author.
If you're a fan of well executed plot twists with Malice you're in for a treat. I found myself guessing along the way, only to be absolutely mistaken for the most part.
Dunn's leading ladies are always stellar, so I knew not to expect anything less. Alice was well developed, executed in a way that it was impossible not to feel for her. Bandit was one hell of a love interest, and the relationship between him and Alice was dynamic and fun to experience, their interactions as well. I have to note that all characters felt nuanced, I have a hard time picking who was my favorite.
I loved the world-building. The idea behind it all, the mechanics of the world were fun and unique. The story was engrossing, and the plot was paced to my liking. That, along with Dunn's writing style, made Malice hard to put down.
I recommend this book. I think it's an amazing addition to YA, and with it's perfect balance of sci-fi, romance and thriller, it's a book that you shouldn't skip.

*Copy received through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review
*Rating: 5/5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

November 3, 2018 – Shelved
November 3, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 11, 2020 –
0.0% "I got approved for an arc last night, and I wish I could just drop everything and read, but I'm working this weekend.
I'm starting it now, and hopefully tonight I'll have time to finish it."
January 12, 2020 – Started Reading
January 12, 2020 –
20.0% "Finally started reading. I don't want to put it down."
January 13, 2020 –