Sebastian Gebski's Reviews > 21 Lessons for the 21st Century

21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari

I had mixed feelings when did book came out - is there anything to add after monumental "Sapiens" & "Homo Deus"? Did anything change since those two were published? Do I identify any value in delving even deeper into / re-digesting similar truths?

Fortunately, this was not really the case. "21 Lessons ..." is fundamentally different to "Homo Deus" - it's about Now & dispelling myths/misunderstandings about now. Additionally, it's far more laser-sharp than its predecessor - you can find all the recent headline topics here: Trump, immigrants, nationalism, fake news, terrorism, religious fundamentalism, Big Data as a non-transparent decision maker, globalization & disillusionment with modern liberalism, and many more.

It's a great book. I can honestly & without any doubt repeat all my past recommendations (for earlier Harari's books) - literally everyone should read this. It's not only important & relevant, but also very approachable in a way that makes it comprehensible for pretty much everyone.

Recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 21 Lessons for the 21st Century.

November 3, 2018 – Started Reading