CA Portnellus's Reviews > Afraid to Fall

Afraid to Fall by Sutton Bishop

Amazing jungle trip to love

I rarely give 5 stars for books, but this one gets them. From the first narratives of Mayan mythology to the modern day story, the reader is swept away like on a wild river ride. The descriptions of the primitive jungles, countryside, and charming towns of Guatemala are fascinating and well-written better than most travel magazines, richly evoking the sense of time, culture, and place. Sutton's clever characters are super easy to follow, admire and fall into love with them. Ariana & Luca are fatefully put together with a fun 'meet cute' scene. Although, Ari's hot easy temper is surprising but we soon understand why.
The palpable sexy tension between these two are fun and of course, we want it to ignite and become a wildfire!
Great driven plot, smooth swings and story arcs to keep the reader engaged. It is a 'burning page turner' that I had a difficult time putting aside to sleep! Strong and crisp writing with relevant bits of erudite history or dialogue to make the professional characters realistic.
Well done in blending together the author's life's pursuit and academic interest of anthropology and archeology into a bright star of a novel. I loved it! It's begging the sequel or more jungle archeology adventures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afraid to Fall.

November 2, 2018 – Started Reading