Miranda Reads's Reviews > The Squeezor Is Coming!

The Squeezor Is Coming! by Becky Benishek

description

The Squeezor is a monster who loves to give hugs. Great, big wrap-his-arm-around-you-twice, squeezy hugs.
Oh. My. Gosh. I'm SO in love with this one.

The Squeezor, a furry little monster, is a delightfully friendly little fellow...well...sort of.

He's friendly...but he doesn't look friendly.
The trouble is, the Squeezor doesn't look like he wants to give you a hug.

He looks like he wants to eat you up!
The poor Squeezor becomes very lonely and doesn't know what to do...until he comes up with an absolutely brilliant idea.
"Maybe that's it!" he said. "Maybe it's not myself I have to figure out."
And thus begins the Squeezor's quest to make people like him - not by telling them he's good but by showing.

Slowly, ever so slowly, people begin to listen.

I loved this one from cover-to-cover.

The storyline was so sweet (but without falling into the goody-goody trap that so many children's books do!).

I loved all of the fun details Benishek puts in for the Squeezor - like how he watches Game of Bones or the fun items at the Apothecary (anybody up for scale softener? It comes in Regular, Premium and Unleaded!).

All the little adventures that the Squeezor goes on are adorable - from reaching the top shelf for a little old monster to helping a vampiress sleep by closing her curtains.

And the illustrations - WOW! I really feel like children's books depend so heavily on the images - and this one does not disappoint!

For example, all of the items in the Apothecary were so fun to look at (there's even greeting cards with little sayings (What? and You're Nice and I Like You are my faves!).

This is truly an excellent novel - an absolutely perfect read!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Squeezor Is Coming!.

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky Benishek Wow, what a great thing to hear! :) I'm so glad you liked (loved!) it, and I'm looking forward to your review. :)

message 2: by JV (new) - added it

JV Squeezy bear hugs, I need thatttt! 😄 I'm ready to meet Squeezor (a monster needs a big big hug too every now and then haha)! An adorable, wondrous review, Miranda!

message 3: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad this was such a terrific read from start to finish, Miranda!! Fantastic review ;) xoxo

Miranda Reads Becky wrote: "Wow, what a great thing to hear! :) I'm so glad you liked (loved!) it, and I'm looking forward to your review. :)"

Hi Becky :) review is up!

Miranda Reads JV wrote: "Squeezy bear hugs, I need thatttt! 😄 I'm ready to meet Squeezor (a monster needs a big big hug too every now and then haha)! An adorable, wondrous review, Miranda!"

Totally agree! Everyone needs huge hugs :)

Miranda Reads KAS wrote: "Glad this was such a terrific read from start to finish, Miranda!! Fantastic review ;) xoxo"

It definitely was! Woohoo :)

message 7: by Matt (new)

Matt Rudy Can this dog be in all your book pictures. It's so cute!

Miranda Reads Matt wrote: "Can this dog be in all your book pictures. It's so cute!"

Lol! Thank you. I will give it a shot but nine times out of ten, he's napping :p

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky Benishek Miranda wrote: "Becky wrote: "Wow, what a great thing to hear! :) I'm so glad you liked (loved!) it, and I'm looking forward to your review. :)"

Hi Becky :) review is up!"

Eeee! You have made my entire week (retroactively & forward)! Thank you for your detailed & thoughtful review--I feel so blessed. I'm over-the-moon happy that it touched your heart. And Mr. Photogenic pup-dog there, what a sweetheart. <3

Miranda Reads Becky wrote: "Eeee! You have made my entire week (retroactively & forward)! Thank you for your detailed & thoughtful review--I feel so blessed."

Glad you liked it :) thank you for writing such a great book :)

message 11: by Anaya (new)

Anaya superb review Miranda I will look foward to your reviews

Miranda Reads Aww! Thank you!!

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria I will for sure get this book for myself and my kids. Thank you for the review. have a lovely day

Miranda Reads Maria wrote: "I will for sure get this book for myself and my kids. Thank you for the review. have a lovely day"

Awesome :) i showed this one to my mom... and she bought copies for all my little cousins

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria Miranda wrote: "Maria wrote: "I will for sure get this book for myself and my kids. Thank you for the review. have a lovely day"

how cool :) Happy Monday

Miranda Reads Happy Monday to you too :)

message 17: by ♥Madison♥ (new)

♥Madison♥ Great review! This books looks so cute! But honestly what sold me is the precious dog in the photo! So Cute!!

message 18: by Marlizette (new)

Marlizette Badenhorst Is this suitable for a 9 year old?

message 19: by Christy (new)

Christy shelton How cute

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky Benishek Marlizette wrote: "Is this suitable for a 9 year old?"
Hi, and yes!

The official age range is from 5 - 12 years (read-to-me crowd - early reader - read alone). I do hope everyone, including adults, find it entertaining as well. :)

Sheyanne sally omg thts sounds great!

Miranda Reads Madison wrote: "Great review! This books looks so cute! But honestly what sold me is the precious dog in the photo! So Cute!!"

Haha, I will give Gizmo extra pets from you then!!

Miranda Reads Marlizette wrote: "Is this suitable for a 9 year old?"

Yes, I do believe so!

Miranda Reads Christy wrote: "How cute"

Definitely agree!

Miranda Reads Sarah wrote: "omg thts sounds great!"

it really was :)

message 26: by Nishar c i (new)

Nishar c i Great review! This books looks so cute! But honestly what sold me is the precious dog in the photo! So Cute!!

Miranda Reads Nishar c i wrote: "Great review! This books looks so cute! But honestly what sold me is the precious dog in the photo! So Cute!!"

message 28: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Sounds like a great read! I'll try this one with my preschoolers.

Miranda Reads Definitely do! I think they'll love it :)