H. J.'s Reviews > Tales from The Lake Vol.5: The Horror Anthology

Tales from The Lake Vol.5 by Kenneth W. Cain

U 50x66

I've been a fan of the Tales From The Lake anthology since the first volume and it's amazing to see how much it has evolved over the years. Volume 5 is quite possibly the best yet. I loved both the stories and the poems. As always, there's something for everyone, from zombies, to deals with unnatural beings, to mental illness—and everything in between.

The stories are unsettling, entertaining and surprising with their twists and turns. Some, in spite of their subject matter, are quite lyrical and even whimsical. Two stories that stood our for me in no particular order:

• Alice Pang's "A dream most ancient and alone", because of the lyrical writing, the menace of the mudmaid, and a satisfying conclusion
• Laura Blackwell's "Nonpareil" because of its beautiful imagery, and a great tale that kept me guessing what was coming next.

As always, I highly recommend this anthology. If you're still unsure, download a sample and decide for yourself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales from The Lake Vol.5.

Finished Reading