Aydrea's Reviews > Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Jan 07, 2012

bookshelves: recommended

Oh where to start with this book, it is just filled with awesome!?!?! The world in this book is crazy: Pods, Savages and cannibals! It was definitely crazy and super interesting and it pulled me in. The perfect genetic people and the Realms sound creepy as heck, but fascinating especially when DLS was thrown in. Oh and the Aether storms sound intense and were cool to try and visualize. I loved the whole plot of the story and all the twists and turns. There were definitely some things I didn't see coming and they surprised me. Also the powers that the Savages have are so cool, but I could see how some of them might suck to actually have to deal with. Also it is kind of violent to live in that world, but it was nice to see some BA girls.

I really liked Aria as an MC. She started out scared, unsure and totally unprepared to be in the real world. I loved seeing her grow throughout the book especially since that opening scene was pretty horrifying. It was good to see her became pretty strong and learn to do what she had to and not have to depend on others and to learn more about herself. On the other hand Perry was pretty much the opposite of Aria. He was more wild and had the added issue of his powers. Quite frankly at times he scared me. Learning more about him helped a little. I loved how he cared so much about his nephew and rendering sounds really interesting. I really liked seeing the slow growth of their relationship, which made it that much better later on. They had some really great scenes together. I hope that they can figure things out. Roar was a great character too I instantly liked him. I really want to find out more about his relationship with Liv. Marron and Delphi were super interesting too and I loved reading those scenes. Ooh and then there is Cinder, who is scary but oh so interesting. I hope to learn more about him too because he is definitely a force to be reckoned with. The Croven are scary and creepy as heck!

I really enjoyed this book. There was the perfect amount of action, adventure, setting, romance and suspense. Of course the ending only left me wanting more so I can't wait for the next book. I highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Never Sky.

Quotes Aydrea Liked

Veronica Rossi
“She found it curious and frightening that she could deeply dislike someone she didn’t even know. It wasn’t her. At least, it wasn’t how she used to be.”
Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky

Veronica Rossi
“She absorbed the terror and beauty of him and his world. Of every moment over the past days. All of it, filling her up like the first breath she'd ever taken. And never had she loved life more.”
Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky