Book of Secrets's Reviews > One Fatal Mistake

One Fatal Mistake by Tom   Hunt

3.75 Stars → One fatal mistake sets off a crazy and chaotic chain of events for 18-year-old Joshua Mayo and his mother, Karen. When Karen learns that Joshua has accidentally killed a man and fled the scene, she's faced with a dilemma — help him cover it up, or risk him going to prison and ruining his future. Little do they know, that one mistake is just the tip of the iceberg.

ONE FATAL MISTAKE is a super-fast paced and unique thriller. It's part crime drama and part family drama with lots of tension. While the characters felt real and their predicaments made me anxious, some of their actions were so frustrating. I suppose if you're caught up in extreme situations trying to save your child, you may not make the best decisions.

Overall, this was an entertaining read I'd recommend to fans of suspenseful survival stories. Not really a mystery, but definitely a thrill ride. (I also enjoyed the Midwestern setting — Cedar Rapids!)

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪 | Instagram | Pinterest | ✿

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Fatal Mistake.

November 2, 2018 – Shelved
Started Reading
January 20, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by sue (new)

sue Great review!

Holly  B Loved this one! Great review.

message 3: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Great review!

message 4: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review!!