James's Reviews > H is for Homicide

H is for Homicide by Sue Grafton

bookshelves: 3-multi-book-series, 1-fiction

Book Review
4 of 5 stars to H is for Homicide, the 8th book in the "Kinsey Millhone" mystery series, written in 1991 by Sue Grafton. Grafton hits another home run in the series with this installment, focusing on the death of one of Kinsey's friends. It kicks off an investigation into insurance fraud claims, where Kinsey goes undercover to determine if a woman tricked Kinsey's friend Paul into the insurance game, ultimately leading to his own death. But Kinsey's in for a shock when she's arrested herself, unable to clear her name as part of the investigation because she's undercover. But this is when she realizes a crime kingpin is working with his girlfriend, and Kinsey doesn't know who to trust. This was a good edition in the series, as it pushed Kinsey out of her comfort zone, showed some emotions and helped us relate to her better. Her skills as a detective grew, especially because she had to lie about her real identify. And the mystery has lots of good twists and turns. Fans of the series will enjoy this one... so far, the series has stayed in good shape and holds up well.

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews... here's the scoop: I read A LOT. I write A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you'll also find TV & Film reviews, the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge and lots of blogging about places I've visited all over the world. And you can find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Vote in the poll and ratings. Thanks for stopping by.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H is for Homicide.

Started Reading
August 1, 2000 – Finished Reading
January 7, 2012 – Shelved
September 5, 2016 – Shelved as: 3-multi-book-series
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 1-fiction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Choko Great review! I really enjoyed this series 😀!

James Choko wrote: "Great review! I really enjoyed this series 😀!"

Thank You! I'm up to 19 I think... which I'll pickup this summer to read.

message 3: by embos (new)

embos Have you read much Sue Grafton? I have 'Q is for quarry' that I picked up from the thrift store, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

James Yes read everything up to S is for Silence. I have reviews on all of them. Good series.

Cheri James wrote: "Yes read everything up to S is for Silence. I have reviews on all of them. Good series."

I am 1st on the wait list for Y Is For Yesterday. It looks to be a really good one :)

James I hope it's amazing. Only one more left afterwards.