James's Reviews > The Cat Who Wasn't There

The Cat Who Wasn't There by Lilian Jackson Braun

bookshelves: 2-fic-cozy-mystery, 1-fiction, 3-multi-book-series

Book Review
4 of 5 stars to The Cat Who Wasn't There, the 14th book in the "Cat Who" cozy mystery series, written in 1992 by Lilian Jackson Braun. This might be one of my favorite books in this series, as it takes the story on a new adventure. Qwill is on a trip to Scotland and the cats are left behind in Pickax. How will the solve the crime this time? Well... they do... thru odd behaviors with the cat sitter. More Polly in this one! And a change of scenery, with a good mystery, help make this a fun read. Plus, I love Scotland, so I will always read stories about it. Maybe I'll get there one day, too. As for this one, lots of history, interesting characters, especially when one disappears off the bus tour. Kicks off a great mystery and a lot of questions to try to figure out what's behind the entire thing -- as well as why and how does Qwill get himself involved in these things. If you want to sample the book series, this is good, but it won't give you the flavor of Pickax. So maybe read this one as your third or fourth, if you don't plan to read the whole series in order.

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews... here's the scoop: I read A LOT. I write A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you'll also find TV & Film reviews, the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge and lots of blogging about places I've visited all over the world. And you can find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Vote in the poll and ratings. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat Who Wasn't There.

Started Reading