Michael's Reviews > H+ incorporated

H+ incorporated by Gary Dejean

I listened to the audio version of this book, which is unusual for me as I vastly prefer actual reading. But this was a great experience...the reader was very good! I finished it in only two sessions; a testament to the exciting storyline.
If you like Paolo Bacigaluppi’s books, then you will definitely like this one! Especially effective was the parallel point of views from the covert task force team as well as the main protagonist. The alternating views really yanked my emotions back and forth! Particularly interesting were the motives behind various ethical decisions for three of the characters- Dr. Morgan, Jake and Angelo.
The world-building and backdrop of a future Manila was well-done...comprehensive without being intrusive or under-explained. This is usually a sticky point for me in speculative fiction novels. I’m more interested in the general state of the world and how it came about than the characters but this book struck a good balance. I actually got quite emotionally involved in the characters and my only complaint is that I fervently wish awful things to happen to Patty! I hated her...little blonde psycho!
The action was effectively written and the pacing of the whole story brisk without feeling rushed.
I look forward to more books by this author!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H+ incorporated.

Finished Reading