Kayla's Reviews > Afraid to Fall

Afraid to Fall by Sutton Bishop

"He ached to kiss her again. To explore more of her beautiful body. To make her purr."

Wow I'm finding it hard to believe this is a debut novel from Sutton Bishop. I must admit this cover is originally what drew me to this book. And boy am I glad it did! What a beautiful love story it was. If you are looking for a intriguing intense read Affraid to Fall is the book for you. The author blended history and romance for a truly unique reading expirence. I love when authors do their research and it definitely showed in this novel. The details of this book are very descriptive, with a well written plot. I always felt like I was right there with the characters experiencing every little thing with them. Affraid to Fall was interesting and kept my attention from the very first page. I just wanted more and more of this story. It was informative without boring you with historical facts, or technicalities. I absolutely adored Ari and Luca. Guatemala may be scorching hot but the chemistry between these two characters only made it more smoking HOT! Like seriously some of these scenes definitely had me reaching for my ice water! It was a nice unexpected bonus.

"You are light. Bellissima"

Ari is one of those heroines you can't help but love. Her character is one you hope for when you start a book. I was entranced by the demons of her past that she always seemed to be running from. She is by no means perfect but she couldnt have been more perfect for this story. Ari is well educated and takes everything in life very seriously. Sure she could use to let lose and have some fun from time to time, but I can totally understand her hesitation. I loved watching her develop and grow throughout this book.

"Luca emerged from the water and lowered himself next her. God he is gorgeous. And sexy. And probably off limits."

Luca is not my typical alpha, but I found myself falling in loce with his character regardless. I loved that his character was confident, with a air of cockiness. He had this know it all attitude that I loved to hate. It was Luca's gentle an caring attitude though, that left me absolutely melting in swoons many times. When he solely focused his attention on Ari his feelings were intense, and consuming.

*4 STARS*
Well earned for a book that took me way out of my comfort zone and made me LOVE every page of it! I will definitely be reading more books from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afraid to Fall.

November 2, 2018 – Shelved