Jenn's Reviews > The Darkest Star

The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: audiobook
Read 2 times. Last read January 22, 2019 to January 26, 2019.

I loved this story! It was interesting and fast-paced, with a believable romantic arc. There were plot twists and intrigue to keep you chasing the words down the page to the end.

I found out later that this was a spin-off novel from the Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series, but it reads well as a stand-alone. But I would be remiss if I didn't admit that I want to go right out and gobble up the Lux series now, too. I also really hope that these characters appear in subsequent novels!

I think the relationship between Evie and Luc is my perfect blend of intriguing bad-boy with a heart of gold, and spunky heroine who doesn't let him walk all over her. Evie's relationships with her friends and mother also felt very authentic and well thought-out.

This was a book that started off fairly strong, but ended even better. It went from 4 stars, to 4.5, straight to a 5 star book that I must own. Thank you, NetGalley, for allowing me to read this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Star.

November 1, 2018 – Started Reading
November 1, 2018 – Shelved
November 2, 2018 –
21.0% "This is an interesting story so far. I am reading this without having read the Lux series previously, so I may be at a disadvantage or may be more in the dark than other readers, but so far it's very enjoyable and I have some theories about the characters and what their relationship might be when revealed."
November 3, 2018 – Finished Reading