Constantine's Reviews > Trafalgar: The Untold Story of the Greatest Sea Battle in History

Trafalgar by Nicholas Best

bookshelves: netgalley, z2018-12, giveaway-read, x-4-star

Rating: 4.0/5.0

Although this is non-fiction the book reads like historical fiction. The writing is so easy to read, grasp and written in an intriguing and very interesting way. Reading about Napoleon Bonaparte and the greatest historical Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 was a great experience especially since I have not covered these subjects before.

We get to read about what the witnesses say who lived in that era and experienced all the events that lead to the battle and during it. I really liked the way the author kept the chapters short and the writing simple but at the same time getting to the point with each chapter's goal.

The book has so many different stories from different individuals. Many are heart touching and have so many details to them. This itself makes this non-fiction book read like a very enjoyable collection of stories. If you are looking for information about Trafalgar then I would recommend this book.

Many thanks to David Haviland from Thistle Publishing who provided me a free copy of this book in return of an honest unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trafalgar.

November 1, 2018 – Shelved