Linda Zagon's Reviews > River Bodies

River Bodies by Karen Katchur

Read 2 times

Karen Katchur, Author of “River Bodies” has written a suspenseful, captivating, intriguing, intense, riveting, and thrilling story. The Genres for this novel are Fiction, Mystery, Suspense and Thriller. The author describes her interesting characters as complex and complicated. Karen Katchur had me sitting at the edge of my seat. There are twists and turns, betrayals , danger, secrets and murder. The timelines of the story is set both in the past and the present. The common denominator seems to be the Delaware River.

Becca Kingsley , is a veterinarian that loves to run by the river with her dog. She often feels that she is being watched and realizes that her step-brother is watching her from the other side of the river. The step-brother seems strange, quirky, and dangerous and is now the head of one of the gangs in his town. Becca is called home to the other side of the river when she gets news that her father is dying of cancer.

Becca and her father were on terrible terms, and this might be the last time to make things right. Becca also sees that her former love, Parker Reed, a detective is involved in a case where a body was found by the river. This reminds all the townspeople of a similar case 20 years ago, where another body was found by the same river. The local people stay very quiet and don’t want to talk. The town consists of the regular people and the gang.

Becca realizes that she has memories of the past that are so frightening, she has locked them away. I would highly recommend this novel for those readers who enjoy a great mystery full of suspense and surprises. I received an ARC from NetGalley for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Bodies.

Finished Reading
November 1, 2018 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
November 1, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
November 1, 2018 – Shelved
November 1, 2018 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)