Lydia Howe's Reviews > The Hope of Azure Springs

The Hope of Azure Springs by Rachel Fordham

bookshelves: 2018, 2018-fiction, 2018-four-star

** spoiler alert ** CAN I JUST GET A YES AND AMEN?!?

Folks. This book made me want to dance and sing and give the author a high five. Because guess what? The main character wasn't beautiful. And do you know what? There was a male character who was actually smart enough to like her anyway. Say what?!? What in the world is going on with the world of fiction? Teaching girls that they can have a guy like them even if they aren't the best looking girl on the block? Goodness. Authors these days, what are they even thinking? ;)

And, one of the best parts about the book was the guy actually had a hard time realizing what was going on because he did like a girl because of how she looked but then realized she was a spoiled brat.

Overall I liked the book for other reasons too: The plot was interesting, the characters diverse, the writing lovely... All in all it was really just a fantastic book and I can NOT wait to read more from the author. =) (And I never put smiley faces on my reviews. This book was pretty much just the best.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hope of Azure Springs.

October 16, 2018 – Started Reading