Bradley's Reviews > Lysandra

Lysandra by T.J. Zakreski

bookshelves: 2018-shelf, mindfuq, sci-fi, reality-bending

In a lot of ways or perhaps all of them, the only way to review this book is through spoilers. So here's your mild warning.

There's a lot going on under the surface that is both essential to the tale and interesting enough that we actually NEED to talk about it in a review or the awesome JUST CAN'T BE SHOWN. :)

I mean, I could just say it's awesome and all but that kinda misses the point. WHY?

Because... the New Adult clone of Jesus created by an AI virus from another star system is getting into trouble, is taking on the monstrosity of the future Religious State, and she's not doing it alone.

The virus has plans of his own and he's just as godly as before. He's including the poor guy from the previous novel, too. And if this wasn't cool enough, the whole nature of reality, virtual reality, of alternate universes and times as seen through branching-off versions spawned through wormholes, is on full display here.

As the Stones might say, we've got ourselves a revolution.

I mentioned once in the review of the Cygnus Invasion that the author takes the ball from Philip K Dick and runs with it. And he does. There's a lot of godlike stuff going on here. Zakreski has a zany core here while retaining the serious exploration of the original subject. It's treated lightly, quickly, as well as with all the solemnity and depth it requires. I can't ask for more. Easy to read and yet it tackles a lot of complex topics.

Religion, godhood... beware the Spear of Destiny. It looks like a little quantum tomfoolery is on its way. :) Beware the minotaur in the labyrinth. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lysandra.

October 31, 2018 – Shelved
October 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 5, 2018 – Started Reading
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-shelf
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: mindfuq
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: sci-fi
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: reality-bending
November 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Zakreski Quantum tomfoolery is the best kind of tomfoolery. :-) It means a lot that you liked it, thanks!

Bradley Mixed comic/serious novels are often the hardest to pull off. I was quite impressed with the attacks. :) :)